Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Public Relations & Mending Broken Relationships

I recall meeting somebody in person, who was very excited to meet me, because he had been following me on MySpace for some time. Unfortunately, I said something, and I'm sure it offended him, even though I never intended to offend him at all. I'm sure that he remembers it quite well.

Now that I have a better understanding of how people think in different situations, I have come to regret what I did. I think that I needed to see it from a public relations point of view. From that perspective, I needed to be more sensitive to his needs, standards, and desires. At the time, I chose a particular phrasing, because I thought that it was more accurate, and I still do, even though it is considered offensive by many people. Now that I am thinking about it from his perspective, I choose to phrase these thoughts differently.

I'm going to try to contact him tomorrow, and ask for his forgiveness. He'll probably not forgive me, but at least I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment