Wednesday, July 21, 2010

[promotion is over] Free Stockings From Razzamatazz

[Update: they claim that the promotion has ended, even though they uploaded the photo on Tuesday, and it is Thursday.]

Well, gals, it seems that Razzamatazz can't keep their products on the shelves. They are literally giving away stockings to each Aussie girl, who...eh, read more about it below. Guys, I've sent an email on our behalf. We'll wait to see what happens. Until further notice, I think that we're out of luck. :^(

From their Facebook page, Every girl that uploads a stocking look with our billboard behind her will receive a Free! Razz stocking pack valued at $20.. See for yourselves.

I think that this promotional technique is brilliant, because of the way that people have to earn a free pair. They also have to do it in front of the billboard. Not only do they have to do it in front of the billboard, they have to go and find it. Essentially, people are volunteering to look at ads. Of course, the people have to bring somebody along to use the camera, too, unless the people bring tripods.

Also, everybody looks at the billboard again, when they look at the photos on the Facebook wall. They are just scooping up brain space by the bucket load.

I wish that I had the budget to do this kind of thing. It would be so much fun.

Here is a copy of the email that I sent them.

Hi. I hope that all is well with you. I see that you have a promotion going on, with posing in front of billboards. Did you know that many guys wear hosiery [i.e. pantyhose; tights; stockings] under shorts? We often wear them in public. You can see my blog and Flickr photo stream. http://hosieryadvocate.blogspot.com/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/23958111@N00/ I ask you this, because I would like you to extend your promotional offer to guys who wear them in a masculine heterosexual way. Would you be willing to do that, please? -- Sincerely, & with thanks, Eugene T.S. Wong [a.k.a. Hosiery Advocate]

A sad thing is that only Aussies are welcome to this promotional offer, as far as I can tell. ;^(

No comments:

Post a Comment